Calcutta Business School- Innovation And Entrepreneurship Incubation Centre(CBS – IEIC)
India being a fast growing country offers tremendous scope for entrepreneurship in the years ahead to the student community and start up entrepreneurs.
CBS –IEIC will aim to tap this potential, promote entrepreneurial thinking among student community and create business leaders in all spheres of life.
It will comprise of faculty, alumni and students of CBS, mentors, experts and service providers from various fields, sectoral domains & geographies- all passionately committed to entrepreneurship development.
Located at academic block of Calcutta Business School, with Mentoring rooms, Ideation Hall, Incubation Lab and student E-club (Anthaprerna)
Incubation - Facilities To Be Offered
- A faculty guide or industry mentor
- Close (one to one) mentoring and training
- A workstation with computers and internet connectivity
- Facilities like photocopying and telephone
- Access to cbs library and computer centre
- Access to network companies, funding agencies / Angels / VCs, offices and experts who can help the start up venture
- Access to expert advice from the members of facilitation panel
- Peer support and feedback
- Events organised by IEIC
- Access to vibrant student E –club named ANTHAPRERNA
The tenure will be decided on case to case basis, seeing the progress made.
Main Activities Of IEIC
- Over a time period, the activities of IEICwill encompass such areas as below Teaching, research, case development
- Short term programs – workshops, seminars, Management Development Programs Consultancy
- Entrepreneurship facilitation initiatives
- Training and Mentoring
- Incubation facility for the entrepreneurs and, most importantly, in due course,
- Set up an E-clinic to help the entrepreneurs in the region
Entrepreneurship Facilitation Initiatives
This is a scheme for offering advice to entrepreneurs from a panel of experts associated with IEIC in the areas of Entrepreneurship, Company law, Licensing, Finance & Accounting, Excise & Customs, Sales & Service tax, Marketing, IT, Taxation, Fund raising & Venture Capital, scale- up, HRM & succession planning
My story sessions
3 full day intensive Entrepreneurship awareness workshop for CBS students, to be held in association with DST, GOVT OF W B & N E N-(FROM 7TH OCTOBER TO 9TH OCTOBER). this program is sponsored by DEPARTMENT OF SCIENCE &TECHNOLOGY (DST), GOVT OF WEST BENGAL AND SUPPORTED BY N E N
Suggested Resources :
See a Inspirational Video on creative Startup’s HERE
29th February - 04th March 2016