The Centre of Excellence for Management Studies & Research at Calcutta Business School works with an objective to contribute significantly to the world of business and to the practice of management with wisdom and insights which are derived from empirical research and studies spread across a diverse range of disciplinary and inter-disciplinary domains. A few of the publications that faculty members involved at the Centre of Excellence for Management Studies & Research made:
Dr. Bani K. Sinha:
- The Airline Capacity Planning Problem for Network dominated by Low Traffic Sectors; Co-author: Balram Avittathur, Technology Operations and Management, 2007, Vol. 1, No. 1, pages 1-16.
- CEfficiency Based Production Planning and Control Models; Co-author: C. Krishnakumar; European Journal of Operational Research, 1999, Vol. 117, No. 3, pages 450-469.
- Efficiency Based Decision Rules for Production Planning and Control ; Co-author: C. Krishnakumar; International Journal of Systems Science , 1998, Vol. 29, No. 11, pages 1265-1280
- Admissible Search Methods for Minimum Penalty Sequencing of Jobs with Setup Times on One and Two Machines ; Co-authors: Anup K. Sen and Amitava Bagchi, Proceedings, IJCAI-91, International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Sydney, Australia, 24-30 August 1991.
- Optimal Paths in Reliability Networks ; Co-authors: M. R. Sundaresan and Anup K. Sen, OPSEARCH, Vol. 27, No. 4, 1990.
- Purchasing Models Under Linear Price Trends ; Co-author: M. Nandi, OPSEARCH, Vol. 22, No. 3, 1985.
- Planning Simultaneously for Production and Procurement of Raw Materials ; DECISION (IIMC Journal), Vol. 12, No. 4, 1985.
- Scheduling of Transport Tankers for Distribution of a Product ; Co-author: Gautam Bandopadhyay, DECISION (IIMC Journal), Vol. 10, No. 3, 1983.
- Application of a Collection-Control Model for Science Libraries ; Co-author: Richard C. Clelland, Journal of the American Society for Information Science, Vol. 27, No. 5/6, 1976.
- Modeling for Library Collections ; Co-author: Richard C. Clelland, Management Science, Vol. 22, No. 5, 1976.
- Management Information System and Linear programming ; Co-author: C. S. Shankar, DECISION (IIMC Journal), 1976.
- Linear programming Revisited: A Manager's Look ; DECISION (IIMC Journal), Vol. 2, No. 2, 1975.
- Sensitivity of Cost Functions in Inventory Models ; Co-author: Shiv K. Gupta, AIIE Transactions, Vol. 3, 1969.
- Towards Aggregate Models of Educational Systems ; Co-authors: Shiv K. Gupta and Roger L. Sisson, Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Vol. 3, 1969.
Dr. Koustab Ghosh:
- ´Organization SAP – LAP Diagnosis of Managerial Retention in an IT Organization´, Ghosh1 & Sahney2, International Journal of Organizational Analysis, Emerald Publications, UK, Vol.18, Iss.1.
- ´Consumer “Personality” in Online Buying Behaviour: Conceptualization and Empirical Testing in Indian Context, Sahney1 and Ghosh2, International Journal of Business, Management and Social Sciences, Multicraft Publications, Nigeria, Vol.1, Iss.1.
- ´Sociotechnical Analysis of Firm Level Managerial Jobs: A Public – Private Perspective, Ghosh, TMC Academic Journal, Vol.4, Iss.4, Singapore.
- ´Impact of Organizational Soiotechnical System on Managerial Retention: A General Linear Modeling Approach´, Ghosh and Sahney, Journal of Modeling in Management, Vol.6, Iss.1, Emerald Publications, UK.
- ´Hexad structural diagnosis of organizational sociotechnical system as an antecedent to managerial retention: a meta-analytical approach´, Ghosh and Sahney, International Journal of Business, Management and Social Sciences, Multicraft Publications, Nigeria, Vol.1, Iss.1.
- ´Organizational SAP – LAP Analysis of Retention of Managerial Employees: A Case oan Indian Public Sector Enterprise´, Ghosh and Sahney, Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management, Vol.11, Iss.1&2.
- ´Managerial success: A synoptic typology and conceptual model building´, TMC Academic Journal, Vol.5, Iss.2, Singapore.
- S´Impact of Organizational Soiotechnical System on Managerial Retention: A Structural Equation Modeling Approach´, Ghosh1 & Sahney2, (accepted for forthcoming issue at International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management, Inderscience).
- ´Prioritization of Success Indicators and Development of Hierarchical Structural Models for Managerial Hierarchies´, Ghosh, (accepted for forthcoming issue at International Journal of Organizational Analysis, Emerald, UK).
- ´Impact of Organizational Social Subsystem on Managerial Retention: A Structural Equation Modelling Approach´, Ghosh, Vilakshan, XIM Bhubaneswar.
- ´Sociotechnical Analysis of Firm Level Managerial Jobs: A Comparative Study in Indian Organizations´, Ghosh1 & Sahney2 , Metamorphosis – A Journal of Management Research, IIM Lucknow, August 2009.
- ´Managerial Retention: A Sociotechnical Analysis through SAP – LAP Framework in a Power Sector Organization´, Ghosh1 & Sahney2 , Journal of Applied Manpower Research, Institute of Applied Manpower Research, Delhi.
- ´Sociotechnical Profiling and Organizational Diagnosis: A Public – Private Perspective´, Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, April 2009.
- ´Sociotechnical System and Employee Retention: A comparative organizational study´, Ghosh & Sahney, Productivity, National Productivity Council, Delhi, April - June 2008.
- ´´Organizational Effectiveness: A Research Typology in Business Management´, Ghosh, Journal of Development & Management Studies, XISS, Ranchi, December 2007.
- ´Impact of Modern Technology on Organizational Processes´, Ghosh, Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, SRCIR Delhi, July 2007.
- ´Sociotechnical system approach to organization design: A critical perspective´, Ghosh & Sahney, Productivity, National Productivity Council, Delhi, October 2006.
- ´High performance through systematic training and development´, Srivastava & Ghosh, Indian Journal of Training & Development, ISTD Delhi, December 2005.
- ´HR outsourcing in Indian context: Trends and Scenario´, Srivastava & Ghosh, Productivity, National Productivity Council, Delhi, June 2005.
- ´Core Value Actualization: A Study at an Indian Public Sector Enterprise´, Debnath & Ghosh, ICFAI Journal of Management Research, ICFAI Hyderabad, May 2009.
- ´Sociotechnical Perspective of a Work Organization: An Integrative Review´, Ghosh, The Alternative, Journal of Management Studies and Research, BIT Mesra, September 2008.
- ´Competencies for Senior Managerial Roles in Indian Context´, Ghosh, Perspective, Management Education Centre, Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata, 2008.
- ´Scociotechnical Analysis of Operational Efficiency in Aviation´, Ghosh & Sahney, ICFAI Journal of Management Research, ICFAI Hyderabad, August 2007.
- ´HRM and HRD: a new perspective´, Srivastava & Ghosh, ICFAI Journal of Organization Behaviour, ICFAI Press, Hyderabad, October 2005.
- ´The human face of rightsizing´, Ghosh, The Edge, IILM Delhi, September 2005
- ´Integration of culture in merger and acquisition´, Ghosh & Chakraborti, Journal of Personnel Management, NIPM Calcutta, December 2004
- ´MANAGERIAL SUCCESS AND ANTECEDENTS: An Empirical Enquiry and Model Building in Indian Context´, Ghosh, (accepted for forthcoming issue at SDMIMD Journal of Management).
Dr. Koustab Ghosh:
Book Chapter (International Edition)
Sengupta, A. & Giri, V. N. (In Press). Impact of emotional intelligence on conflict resolution and managerial styles in Indian organizations. In R. K. Pradhan (Ed.), Creating emotionally intelligent organization. London: Athen Press.
Publications - International
Sengupta, A. & Venkatesh, D.N. (In Press). Developing Performance-Linked Competency Model: A Tool for Competitive Advantage. International Journal of Organizational Analysis, Emerald (ISSN: 1934-8835).
Publications - National
Sengupta, A. & Giri, V. N. (2009). Alexithymia and managerial styles: Implications in Indian organizations. Journal of Indian Academy of Applied Psychology, 35, 71-77. (ISSN: 0019-4247).
Sengupta, A. & Giri, V. N. (2009). Assessing emotional intelligence and managerial styles in Indian organisations. Gitam Journal of Management, 7, 203-213. (ISSN: 972-740X).
Sengupta, A. & Giri, V. N. (2008). Association of emotional intelligence with conflict resolution styles in Indian Organizations. Global Management Review, 3, 12-18. (ISSN: 0973-9947).
Sengupta, A. (2007). Development and validation of Bengali version of the 20-item Toronto Alexithymia Scale. The Vision: Journal of Allied and Management Sciences, 3, 25-30. (ISSN: 0974-1615).
Sengupta, A. (2008). Emotional intelligence: A predictor of managerial styles. Paper presented at the 12th International & 43rd National Conference of Indian Academy of Applied Psychology, Kolkata, India.
Sengupta, A. (2007). The Association of Alexithymia and Interpersonal Relationship in Indian Organisational Scenario. Paper presented at the National Conference on Applied Cognitive Psychology, Kolkata, India.
Sengupta, A. (2004). Impact of emotional intelligence on conflict management styles of Indian executives. Paper presented at 14th Annual Conference of National Academy of Psychology, Kharagpur, India. The article has been accepted in Conference Proceedings.
- Emotional Intelligence
- Stress Management
- Personal Effectiveness
- Team- Building
- Effective Communication
- Managing Retirement
- Change Management
- Time Management
- Creativity & Problem Solving
- Building Interpersonal Relationships in Workplace
Dr. Koustab Ghosh:
- Tripathi, Shiv Shankar (2013). Case Study: “Innovations in Indian IT Industry”, in an edited book with ISBN titled Managing Organisations in 21st Century. (Accepted for publication).
- Tripathi, Shiv Shankar et al. (2013). A Framework of Innovation for Organizations: A Grounded Theory Approach, in the forthcoming ISBN proceedings of 10th AIMS International Conference on Management at IIM Bangalore, January 6-9.
- Tripathi, Shiv Shankar, GuinKalyan K, De Sadhan K. (2012). Critical Success factors for marketing a new product. Vidwat: The Indian Journal of Management, Vol. 5, Issue 2, pp. 3-15, listed in EBSCO.
- Tripathi, Shiv Shankar et al. (2012). Developing a framework of innovation for large organisations: A Grounded Theory Approach, in the forthcoming proceedings of International Marketing Conference at IIM Calcutta in collaboration with Georgia Tech, December 28-30.
- 5 Tripathi, Shiv Shankar (2012). Neuro Linguistic Programming: A tool for developing Behavioral Skills and Competencies. IUP Journal of Soft Skills, Vol. VI, No.1, pp.16-28, listed in EBSCO.
- Tripathi, Shiv Shankar (2012). Tata Acquires Corus: A case Study. Munich, GRIN Publishing GmbH, pp. 1-19 (ISBN-Book: 978-3-656-26510-8, ISBN-ebook: 978-3-656-26411-8).
- Tripathi, Shiv Shankar & De, Sadhan K,(2008) “Innovation as a tool of building competitive advantage at the bottom of the pyramid” in “Bottom of the Pyramid market in India: Insights & Experiences” by Sisodiya, Amit Singh and Rao, Janardhan N (Eds.), ICFAI University Press. (ISBN-13: 978-81-3141-540-5).
- Tripathi, Shiv Shankar and De, Sadhan K (2007), “Leveraging Innovation for Corporate Entrepreneurship”, Effective Executive, Special Issue on Corporate Entrepreneurship, April issue, pp.39-45. (ISSN:0972-5172)
- Tripathi, Shiv Shankar and De, Sadhan K (2007), “Innovation as a tool of building competitive advantage at the Bottom of the Pyramid”, in proceedings of Annual International Marketing Conference on Marketing & Society organized by IIM Kozhikode, April 8-10.
- Tripathi, Shiv Shankar & De, Sadhan K (2007), “Creativity & Innovation: The Strategic Drivers for sustained growth”, in proceedings of Strategy Summit 2007: National Conference on Creativity & Innovation in Management”, organized by AIMS and ICFAI Business School Kolkata, January 16-18.
29th February - 04th March 2016